FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bunk

FMV Tours

FMVONTOUR2.png

I'm sure everyone by now as realised that FM-View has taken a rather Brazilian outlook. FMV Tours is a new concept brought to you by FMV which will see the forum and its members hopefully go on tour on a monthly basis. This month we tour Brazil with the aim of providing an in depth look into some of Football Manager's more obscure nations. Hopefully you'll join in and try your hand in the Brazilian leagues in FM and already have produced some content which may help you along your way.

Firstly having managed in Brazil for two seasons I have written up a brief guide on how the top tier of Brazil works along with the Brazilian cup and Copa Libertadores.

Next we have released a challenge based on the FMV Tours format. This challenge will see the staff take on the members as they try to wrestle some managerscore points out of their hands. As a member you'll be expected to take Palmeiras to glory, click below for more.

Next up to help you get to grips with the challenge Rob has produced a fantastic team guide on both teams to help the members and the staff. Its of my opinion however the staff don't need the help but I'm sure the members will be grateful for all the help they get, even if its inevitable they'll come out second best.

Rob has been at it again with another great piece which should help you on your way to conquering Brazil. He has produced a guide on who to sign when managing in Brazil including some legends such as Sylvinho and a personal favourite in Leanardo Silva. Read more...

Following from this Rob has again been hard at work with a who to manage in Brazil article. Having not travelled from the top tier I found it a decent read with some real challenges involved. The likes of Gremio are well known but dare you go lower down the leagues? I don't think you have the balls!

Dare you try the Brazilian lower leagues Drew has a Top 10 countdown of Brazilian lower leagues bargains. Some of them look pretty good for the price they command and would definately be of use should you travel down the leagues.

Sheppy has kindly produced his rounded facepack for both teams involved in the challenge, Palmeiras and Corinthians. Even if you don't participate in the challenge its worth a download to cover some FM legends such as Marquinhos, Keirrison, Detinho and of course Ronaldo!

Expect more content on the way as we look at the lower leagues of Brazil in detail as well as taken 7 Brazilian legends back to their roots on FM, including the legendary three R's.

See for when you start the game. Do you make a new current game thread or just post progress in the main thread?

Completely up to yourself, just as you normally would. If you'd normally create a new current game thread then go for that, the more the merrier - could keep us updated in both.

Also, was wondering this. Is FMV gonna go on tour after Brazil? I think the members should get a vote. I'd got for USA. :D

We will for sure be going on another tour but I dont think any thought has been put into where to go yet! No doubts there will be some discussion towards the second half of the month :)

Only just read the update, but very impressed and it seems like a lot of work has gone into it. Will read through all the guides and articles tomorrow morning (Y)

Awesome. You have to admit..a red, white and blue themed skin would be immense. Eh Gers? :P

Ahh it all makes sense now, nice idea.

Can't wait for the tour of China.

I was a bit sceptical at first but this is brilliant! I've never managed in Brazil before but will give it a go. Good job whoever came up with this and Rob for writing all that content (Y)

Love the new skin as well!

Edited by White

Nice idea but the name changes are bad. Now I know wny people kicked off at me and Skacel for changing ours so much.

Oh yeah, new skin is great too.

I don't think the name changes are bad. I think changing names every other week is annoying but changing them once for a month long period adds to the whole feel of the Brazilian month. People can still tell who is who by their avatars and signatures and if they can't then they don't know the members well enough for it to affect them.

I don't think the name changes are bad. I think changing names every other week is annoying but changing them once for a month long period adds to the whole feel of the Brazilian month. People can still tell who is who by their avatars and signatures and if they can't then they don't know the members well enough for it to affect them.

I had no clue last night when I was here. Some guys have their names in their member title, which helps. Your name is still pretty obvious - the rest though, not so much.

[quote name='☆ J

You don't need to because your member title easily makes you known. No-one is as much of a whore as you are Z.

A whore in the bedroom and a lady in the kitchen? How did you know? Wait a minute...

Lol nice work with the new skin, looks awesome.

The guides look brilliant and in depth too :thumbsup:

I really like the idea of this lads, genius idea which will get members returning and potentially new members.

Can I request a name change in here?