FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bunk

Reputation.

With IPB3 came a built in reputation system. At the bottom right of any post you will see a [+] sign and the number of reputation that post has received.

This has been disabled up until now but we'll give it a try see how it works. Hopefully it'll act as an incentive as high quality posts/content or in general useful posts in theory will be greeted with + reputation. Reputation points will be shown in your profile.

You will only be able to give positive reputation and we trust it will be used in the correct manner. This is only a trial period for it and we'll see how it goes.

• Like 3

Why no negative ones?

I wanty destroy your rep /o\

Nice idea, and yeah where is the negative one, you have got to give negative feedback sometimes for spam.

Having a negative one will just turn it into a children's playground I reckon with people putting up a negative just to 'banter' with their mate and it will become a redundant element.

I think just having a positive is the best way to go for now.

Having a negative one will just turn it into a children's playground I reckon with people putting up a negative just to 'banter' with their mate and it will become a redundant element.

I think just having a positive is the best way to go for now.

thumbsdown.gif

Pipe down you. You're just grumpy because Grimsby couldn't beat Hereford! :P

Pipe down you. You're just grumpy because Grimsby couldn't beat Hereford! tongue.gif

thumbsdown.gif

We won 1-0 fuck.gif

With the help of a goal that was 5 yards offside ;).

With the help of a goal that was 5 yards offside wink.gif.

Only 5 now? It was 10 on Saturday? What you can't see from the highlights (nor could your fans see because they were at the opposite end of the ground) was that your full back was playing Danny North onside.

I so wish I could negative rep right now.

• Like 1

Only 5 now? It was 10 on Saturday? What you can't see from the highlights (nor could your fans see because they were at the opposite end of the ground) was that your full back was playing Danny North onside.

Fans on your forum were saying it, plus the FL show said something about a dodgy decision.

5, 10, what does it matter? It's still offside. Ah well, one game nearer the sack for Trewick.

Would yous be too disheartened if this disappeared?

Doesn't seem to be getting used at all, I had imagined it being used on a lot more regular basis but it doesn't at all. Remove or keep?

Would yous be too disheartened if this disappeared?

Doesn't seem to be getting used at all, I had imagined it being used on a lot more regular basis but it doesn't at all. Remove or keep?

I like it and quite like having a reputation :thumbsup: , shows you that your effort is appreciated. However it does not seem to be used a lot - not sure on whether that's a good or bad thing though.

Yeah it'd be cool if used a lot, I think people look at it the wrong way. Like I was saying in the staff room, the other forum I go on have a similar system but it is named appreciation rather than reputation and can be used for various reasons whether its simply agreeing with a post or finding it funny or whatnot. Sort of encourages more in depth posts.

I just think the stars on the member profiles are enough to get an idea of people's reps.

I just think the stars on the member profiles are enough to get an idea of people's reps.

You're confusing liking the person and liking a post they've made - 2 different concepts

I just think that it's not used enough or enough people aren't aware of it to be honest.

Heh I say we turn it off now and leave the wee leaderboard down the bottom right, I've got into double figures /o\

I think it's easier to see who has the best Rep using this as it's on the forum mainpage - much easier than checking people's profiles to see their ratings.

If you could see their star ratings in the infobar by their posts (and maybe even rate them via that instead of needing to go into their profiles) then it may work better than this current version.

Just my pennies-worth. :thumbsup:

Heh I say we turn it off now and leave the wee leaderboard down the bottom right, I've got into double figures /o\

You're welcome :P

I was trying it out and your post was the one I was reading at the time :thumbsup:

I think the rep system needs more levels, like I entered on "Excellent" on 20 rep, and now I have 206 rep.

So you feel you are now too good to be excellent? :ph34r:

• Like 1

Fixed :D

I like Der Terminator, what number do you have to reach to get that?